You must SIGN UP to Read or Download The Teacher's Pocket Guide for Effective Classroom Management for FREE by Click button BelowRead Free Download Free
Teachers give the highest marks to this bestselling classroom management guideâ€”and now itâ€™s better than ever! Developed by Tim Knoster, a behavior expert and former teacher whose in-demand workshops have inspired thousands, this new edition is the friendly how-to book educators need to increase desired behavior in todayâ€™s Kâ€“12 classrooms. The second edition weaves in timely NEW guidance for teachers implementing multi-tiered systems of support in tandem with positive behavior interventions and supports (PBIS), though itâ€™s still a great resource for teachers in more traditional school settings. With the time-efficient, research-based strategiesâ€”relayed with humor and vivid examplesâ€”teachers will unlock the mysteries of student behavior, prevent disruptions to learning, and support better outcomes for every student.
HOW-TO STRATEGIES THAT HELP TEACHERS:
• Successfully use multi-tiered systems of positive behavior support
• Decode the motives behind studentsâ€™ behavior
• Develop rapport with students while maintaining appropriate boundaries
• Establish clear expectations for behavior in the classroom
• Reinforce expected behavior throughout the day with positive supports
• Skillfully redirect inappropriate student behavior
• Apply proven Tier 2 RTI strategies with students who require additional supports
• Use individualized, intensive Tier 3 strategies with students who pose special challenges
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Helpful tip sheets and classroom management tools, including an Expectations Planning Matrix, Behavior Progress Report, Behavior Contract, and more.